This privacy statement sets out how Mark Emery Ltd (hereafter abbreviated to “ME Ltd”) trading as 1st View Panoramas uses and protects any information that you give to ME Ltd when you use this website. ME Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data Retained and Cookies
ME Ltd respects your privacy. If prints are to be posted the site also retains name and address information, but no financial data. Name and address information supplied will only be used to ship orders of physical goods and will never be used for unsolicited postal advertising. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We may disclose personal information within ME Ltd systems but solely for the purposes of fulfilling contractual requirements, maintaining the business and to ensure that the most appropriate individual is party to such information (for example having our preferred print lab ship orders directly to you once produced).
The site may operate a number of affiliate programs. These sites may place Cookies on your system and are outside the control of ME Ltd.
When you visit the site our servers may automatically collect system-related information about your activity, such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, the website from which you visited and the IP address from which the server got the page request. This information is collected for system administration and may be used to report aggregate information to our advertisers. It is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and does not, of itself, contain any personally identifiable information. This site uses the data to answer questions like “Which browsers are people using“, “Which pages are most popular” and “Which countries are people visiting from“?
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide (name, email address, postal address and phone number, etc) when completing forms on the site. For example if you create a member account, subscribe to any of our services, order any of our products, upload or submit any material via our website or request information.
- Details of transactions made by you through the website and of the fulfilment of orders placed.
- Information in connection with an account sign-in facility, your login and password details.
- Contact you make; for example through the contact form to report a problem, ask a question, raise a concern or comment on the site or its content.
- Information you may provide when completing surveys or responding to promotions or competitions that we may from time to time.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your visits to our pages.
Opting out of providing information
You are under no obligation to provide personal information. As per the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) and related provisions on the EU Cookie Law you are entitled to remove cookies related to this site and prevent their storage. Should you choose to Opt-Out of Cookie usage and withhold personal information it may impact ME Ltd’s ability to provide certain services to you, impacting your use of the site in terms of commenting or shopping. Doing so should not impact reading of the blog or viewing of the image galleries. If you are not happy for the site to store cookies please ensure you click the CookieQ icon and pick the opt-out option. Alternatively you may also delete cookies and either refrain from visiting the site again or install a cookie blocking program. If you need assistance with cookie removal please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Links to other websites
The site contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the content and cookies of said site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide these third parties which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data Protection Act
You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email to mark-@-mark-emery-limited-.co.uk (remove all hyphens to get the valid address). If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As personal information is supplied by the user when registering for a blog account or shop order we expect the data held to reflect the data supplied.
More about the company, site and cookies
Mark Emery Ltd is incorporated in England and Wales number 7065343.
Web servers have no memory of the page you looked at last, even if milliseconds ago. Cookies (small text files sent by the server and stored by the web browser on your computer’s hard drive) are therefore used to fake a form of memory in order to help a number of functions operate on this site:
- Allow users to register and leave comments against blog posts
- Allow the site to respond to you as an individual by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Enable an ordering system such as the print shop keep track of you as you progress an order from gallery to checkout.
- Enable users to log into the site with their Facebook ID if they so wish rather than register a local account.
When you Opt-In via CookieQ on this site, a cookie named CookieQ is used to identify your browser so that they can store a record of your opt-in action. This is “strictly necessary to the operation” of functionality on their site and is only used for this purpose. Their code blocks or permits cookies to be inserted by this site in accordance with your preferences.